Friday 9 October 2015

Sydney Day Two



As I am off to Kangaroo Island tomorrow, which means no signal for the whole weekend, I decided to share some more Sydney photos with you now, before I will return on Sunday with loads of photos of the beautiful island. Our second day in Sydney was pretty intense. We kicked off the day with a late breakfast in a cafe next to the Royal Botanical Gardens. After enjoying a super delicious Cappuccino, we walked through the gardens. On the way we made a quick stop at the Opera House to see what it looks like from the inside, which was a bit dissappointing - the opera is impressive from the outside, but not really inside ;-) However, I was lucky and finally found the Pandora charm with a kangaroo on it, that I have been craving for a while in the souvenir shop there, so poping in still paid off. We continued our tour in the Museum of Sydney, which I really liked and would recommend everyone who is visiting Sydney. As we got a bit hungry, we headed to Chinatown then, where Paul enjoyed some dim sums, while I was still waiting to finally walk past the perfect sushi restaurant and it took me some time to figure out that I would never find Japanese food in Chinatown (whoops :D ). I did not really intend to go to the Garden of Chinese Friendship, but as it was just around the corner we decided to give it a try and I am glad we did, because it is so beautiful there and makes you forget the bustling city around you. We ended the day with a few drinks in the Blu Bar of the Shangri La Hotel, which is on the 36th floor and offers an amazing view over Sydney. On the way back to the hotel, we somehow lost our way and stumble upon a Vapiano. My first thought was that I might have had a few drinks too much, but the Vapiano was real and you can imagine how excited I was to finally enjoy my favourite pasta after more than 3 months cold Vapiano-turkey (as it is so close to my workplace in Vienna I usually go there one to two times a week). 


Royal Botanical Gardens











The Rocks



on the way to the Museum of Sydney






Chinese Garden of Friendship





No comments:

Post a Comment